Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We destroy your data as soon as it's not longer needed for the purposes you agreed to when you provided it.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Registration Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account - for example, your name, phone number and email address.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. We process this data, but it is stored with a compliant 3rd party.
- Content Information: In connection with using the Services, you may generate content that provides us with additional information about you.
- Credentials: In connection with using the Services, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password).
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with us about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [username] deleted “[content]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, backup and restore your content, charge you for any of our paid Services, and provide you support for the Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or find useful;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of MemberStack and others; and
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by MemberStack and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on MemberStack and our products.
How We Share Information
We do not sell your private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of MemberStack, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Other Things You Should Know
MemberStack is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Opting Out of Electronic Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Data
Our customers may benefit from a number of rights in relation to their information that we process. Some rights apply only in certain limited cases, depending on your location. If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your MemberStack account settings or by contacting us. Upon request, MemberStack will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. By visiting your account settings, you can access, correct, change, and delete certain personal information associated with your account. In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, and to obtain a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format.
If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
For more information about our commitment to data protection, please see the MemberStack Data Protection policy.
You can get more information about MemberStack by visiting the ‘about MemberStack’ section of our support site. MemberStack assists its users/customers in providing their end users with a better experience and service as well as assist them in diagnosing technical problems and analyzing user trends. Most importantly, through MemberStack’s Services, the functionality of the MemberStack Enabled Site can be improved, making them more user-friendly, more valuable, and simpler to use for the end users.
MemberStack has no direct relationship with the end users whose personal data it processes. An individual end user who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to the MemberStack customer (the data controller) whose MemberStack Enabled Site you are using. If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
Last modified: October 14, 2019